VVM College of Nursing is run by Shri Vishal Memorial Education Society Gwalior, which was established in year 2004 under the firms & society act with the registration No. 8619. It is situated in the heart of Madhya Pradesh the city of Lake — Bhopal, which is fully adjoined with roadways &L railways. The college campus is located between the beautiful surroundings on Raisen Road, Bhopal.
The VVM College of Nursing has been recognized by Indian Nursing Council (INC) New Delhi, which is the statutory body under Government of India to decide standards and norms for nursing courses. The VVM College of Nursing is also Approved by MP Nurses Registration Counsil, Bhopal. The VVM College of Nursing is affiliated to Madhya Pradesh Medical Science University, Jabalpur for conduction of examination and provision of degree.
1. To prepare student nurses with a sound educational program in nursing to enable them to function as efficient members of the health team, beginning with the competencies for first level positions in all kinds of health care settings.
2. To help student nurses to develop an ability to co-operate and co-ordinate with members of the health team in the prevention of disease, promotion of health and rehabilitation of the sick,
3. To help student nurses in their personal and professional development, so that they are able to make maximum contribution to the society as useful a productive individuals, citizens as well as efficient nurses.
4. To serve as a base for further professional education and specialization in nursing.
5. To prepare students nurses to keep pace with latest professional and technological developments and use for providing nursing care service.
VVM College of Nursing believes in the concept of health as laid down by the world health organization i.e. “Health is state of complete physical, mental, social and spiritual well being and not merely in the absence of disease or infirmity. ”
Since nurses provided and will undoubtedly continue to provide a large part of health care, their training should equip them with professional expertise to meet the changing demands of society and their expanding role therein, to achieve this, emphasis must be laid to impart the knowledge and skills most relevant to the health care needs of the community and the country as a whole. This must also be accompanied by a corresponding change in professional attitudes.
The nature of nursing is such that a substantial portion of learning of the students is acquired in the clinical fields or practice. It further recognize the inter-dependence of maintaining and restoring health and prevention of diseases.
Prepare Nurses to assume responsibilities as professional, competent nurses and midwives in providing promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative services.
Prepare nurses who can make independent decisions in nursing situations, protect the rights of and facilitate individuals and groups in pursuit of health, function in the hospital, community nursing services, and conduct research studies in the areas of nursing practice. They are also expected to assume the role of teacher, supervisorand manager in a clinical/ public health setting.